Decorate your tables with some fun-loving beach themed wedding centerpieces. Each of the following ideas is easy to put together and will fit right in with your seaside decorations.
1) For an informal beach wedding reception table decoration, buy small beach pails and fill them with fresh fruit for a tropical wedding centerpiece. Include a few palm leaves on the table beneath the fruit pail along with a some colored tea lights. You could also fill them with sand and arrange seashells on top with a pillar candle centered in the middle.
2) Buy large pillar candles with sea shells embedded in the wax. Set the candles on a low, flat dish that contains a bed of sand. Place a few small sea shells within the sand. This is a nice beach centerpiece for a seashell theme wedding.
3) Fill clear glass bowls with colored water. Layer the bottom with sea shells and "starfish" (fake of course). Float a few candles on top.
4) For an ocean wedding theme, place colored sand in the bottom of a bowl (available at craft stores). Fill with water that's been tinted a light blue. Place a "castle" on the bottom of the bowl (you can find items such as this at any pet store that sells fish) and add a bit of fake sea grass and shells for effect. Float flower petals and candles on top.
5) See if you can track down some small lighthouse figurines that could be use as wedding centerpieces (check out your local hobby store.) This would be perfect for a nautical theme.
6) Make your own seashell candles. Use large seashells and fill with melted beeswax. Insert a wick in the center and allow to set.
7) Create unique and interesting colored sand bottles. Get some unique shaped bottles and pour alternating colors of sand into them (available at craft stores). You can make some very intricate designs if you're feeling really creative. For each table, fill three bottles of varying heights and place in a grouping in the center of the table. Either insert slim, taper candles into the top of each bottle or surround the grouping with votive candles.