An Irish Wedding Theme for St. Patrick's Day
Please note: this St. Patrick's Day wedding is NOT a traditional Irish wedding theme.
Emerald green is the color of the day and four leaf clovers will bring you luck with this fun-inspired Irish heritage wedding idea. Perhaps you'll even find that pot of gold under the rainbow!
Irish Wedding Invitations
Create your own unique St. Patrick's Day wedding invitations using the traditional icons of this fun holiday: four-leaf clovers, leprechauns, pots of gold, rainbows, and green top hats. These - and more - Irish themed invites are available from Invitation Consultants. Get $5 Off any order over $100 at InvitationConsultants.com. Coupon Code CJ34495.
St. Patrick's Day Wedding Decorations
- Create a rainbow behind the head table from poster board. Anchor each end inside a large cast-iron pot. Fill the pots full of crumbled newspapers to within an inch or two of the top. Cut a circle from cardboard to fit into the pot to use as a flat base (paint it a sparkling gold). Toss in a bunch of gold coins (chocolate).
- If you have the room make a maypole. Attach lengths of green and white ribbon from the top of the pole and have a maypole dance.
- Drape lengths of fake ivy in front of the main tables and secure with large green and white bows. You could also use tulle as your draping material.
- Create a "blarney stone" from paper mache and place just inside the doorway as people enter or use it as a decoration on the gift table.
- Fill green and white balloons with helium and tie several together as a bouquet of balloons. Place throughout the room and on either side of doorways.
- Create simple table centerpieces using white carnations tinted with green tips placed in tall vases. Tie a ribbon around the vase neck.
Irish Wedding Theme Favors
Bless your guests with the luck of the Irish by presenting theme with Irish wedding favors that fit a St. Patrick's Day theme.
- Give guests a lucky rabbit foot's key chain.
- Buy those gold-foiled chocolate coins that come packaged in netting.
- Fill small clay pots with wildflower seeds for them to plant at home. Decorate the pots with shamrocks and rainbows. (Don't forget to include planting instructions.)
Irish Wedding Music
There are many Irish tunes that you can choose from to use during your ceremony and at your reception. Be sure to include an Irish jig during the dancing at some point! Here are some Irish music selections to consider:
St. Patrick's Day Wedding Cake Ideas
- Get a traditional 2 or 3 tiered white cake and have it decorated with shamrocks instead of flowers. For the topper, look for "cute" bride and groom figurines.
- Another topper idea is to have the top of the cake decorated to look like a meadow with a little leprechaun sitting under a tree with a pot of gold beside him and a rainbow nearby.
- The obvious choice... since it's a St. Patrick's Day wedding, have your cake baked in the shape of a shamrock. The topper could include a bride and groom walking under a rainbow.
Related Irish Wedding Theme Articles
While planning your Irish theme wedding, be sure to have a look at our page featuring Irish wedding toasts and our suggestions for Irish wedding favors.